Create the perfect content strategy for your eshop
Content marketing is a way of developing and distributing content to attract, engage, and retain customers. It’s a powerful tool that can help you establish your brand’s value and authority in your industry.
Here are my tips for creating an effective content strategy for your eshop:
Focus on product benefits
The best way to create content for your eshop is by focusing on product benefits. When writing about a product, it’s important to give the customer a reason to buy and showcase the benefits of your product over others in the same category.
You should also use your content as an opportunity to show off what makes your business unique: how do you differentiate yourself from competitors? What does this product do for the customer or their business?
Craft your customer persona
Now that you know who your audience is, it’s time to figure out what they want.
- Define the target audience: The first step towards creating an effective content strategy is defining your target audience. Without knowing who you’re trying to reach, it will be difficult for you to create content that resonates with them–and even harder for them to find that content! To get started on this step, list out all of the relevant data points about your customers: age range, gender, location and so on. Then use this information as a starting point for further research into their preferences through surveys or interviews with current customers (if possible). Once complete with this step in mind-mapping mode, don’t forget about those pain points we talked about earlier! This part will help make sure none go overlooked when creating content later on down the road…
Build your unique selling proposition
A USP is a statement that communicates the unique value of your business. It’s what makes you stand out from all of the other shops on the internet, and it should be clear in every piece of content you produce for your eshop.
Here are some examples:
- “We sell products that make people feel good.” (The Honest Company)
- “We help customers find their own style by helping them discover new brands and trends.” (Stitch Fix)
- “Our goal is to offer high-quality products at affordable prices,” says Vicente Ferrer, founder and CEO of online electronics store DIGIKEY Electronics Corp., who points out that this statement also doubles as a company mission statement because it highlights his company’s commitment to customer service above all else.
Create unique content based on your USPs
You can use your unique selling points (USPs) to create content that’s unique.
- How? By focusing on what makes you different from the competition and then building a strategy around that!
- Why is it important to create unique content? Because if you don’t, people won’t find what they’re looking for when they come to your site or app. And if they don’t find what they want there, chances are that they’ll go somewhere else instead–and never come back!
Choose the right marketing channels to post your content
The next step is to choose the right marketing channels to post your content.
The first question you should ask yourself is: which of these channels fits best with my content? For example, if you’re running a campaign about how to get rid of acne, it makes sense for you to post on Instagram or Twitter. But if your product has something special like a built-in facial recognition system or an app that helps people find their lost phone at home, Facebook might be a better option because it allows users to share photos and videos easily with friends and family members without having them go through any hassle (like uploading stuff).
If we take another example from above–the acne treatment company–we can see how important it is for them not only have a website but also create an online community where users can discuss their experiences with different treatments (and share pictures) without leaving social media sites like Facebook or Instagram where they already spend most time anyway!
Your content needs to give value and highlight what makes you different.
When you’re creating your content, it’s important to remember that the end goal of your efforts is to improve the customer experience. You want people to feel like they’re getting their money’s worth when they buy from you–and part of that comes from understanding how much value each piece of content provides.
To do this, think about what makes you different from other shops? Why should someone choose your store over another? What can YOU offer them that no one else can?
If you want to succeed with your ecommerce business, it’s important that you create the right content strategy. By focusing on product benefits and building unique content based on your unique selling proposition (USP), you can attract more customers to your store and increase sales.